DEEP Discount Toy & Game Deals

Kontera

206906

Follow by Email

Natural & Organic Baby Products

coupon widget

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Rant About Amateur MMA Competitors

So I think I'm going to just stop posting that my son has a title fight, until and unless they actually happen.  If a guy has a good enough record to be going for a shot at a title, do they honestly think that they're going to just be paired against a putz?  I mean, I realize some of these guys have been beat in the head before but come on....they have to realize this going in.  So why even bother saying you'll go for the fight, if you're just going to back out once you see your competitor has a good record?  Why waste everyone's time?

Yep, if you couldn't have guessed it from the paragraph above...the third person in which Cody was to have a title fight against has backed out.  Cody just got the text from his trainer about 30 minutes ago.  They couldn't find anyone else to fight him for the title, and this late in the game (1 week and 1 day away) the only person they could find to fight him at all is someone with a 1-1 record.  -And the 1 win was won by split decision. 

He still has a shot at another title, he's matched up with someone for a title fight in February locally....but will it actually happen?  Cody, his family, his friends all get so excited and we all get let down.  Cody trains and works so hard, then the chance at a title always gets swept right out from under him. 

When Cody called me a bit ago, the first thing he said to me was "Hi, so you don't have to go all the way to Lexington, KY next Friday now if you don't want to.".  I meekly asked "why" when in my head all I was thinking was "Crap!  This guy's backed out now too, hasn't he?".  Yep that was the answer I received.  Cody was angry, but more-so I think he was just disappointed and let down.  I don't blame him.  I too, am disappointed.

Mom will still be there a week from Friday though.  My son trains hard.  He fights hard.  I'm just as proud of him if he's in the cage with someone 1-1 as I would be if he's in the cage with someone 20-0.  His goal is to turn pro, then get into the UFC.  With Cody, I have no doubts that someday that will happen.  He's making a good start.  I'm confident that by the end of the night January 14, his record will be 6-0.  If you ever want to keep up with his stats, you can keep track of them here: Cody Alexander MMA

No comments:

Post a Comment