DEEP Discount Toy & Game Deals

Kontera

206906

Follow by Email

Natural & Organic Baby Products

coupon widget

Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Some Of The Savings I Snagged Today!

Well, for the last 6-8 months I've really been slacking on faithfully doing coupon match-ups and using them each week for our grocery shopping.  It's time for me to buckle down (which I should have been doing all along) and start saving some money.  I made some good deals today, and thought I'd tell (and show) you about some of them.

My daughter, Nikki, is graduating from University of Denver June 4th.  We're driving down for her graduation and I'm down to 7 weeks to save an extra $900 that I need for the trip.  I have a few things up my sleeve to come up with the money, and I'll post them as I go on the blog.  The first one is using my coupons faithfully again each week.  Lately, I've been spending between $125-$150 a week on average, for our groceries and household products. 

Today, I spent $62 and change at Meijer and saved $41 and some change on my large transaction.  I first did a peanut butter transaction that I don't have added into those totals.  For the peanut butter, I did 3 transactions.  For each transaction, I purchased 3 jars of Peter Pan peanut butter.  My total for 3 jars, was $ .98.  My savings on the 3 jars, was $5.50!  We go through PB like mad.  My husband will not take anything to work with him for his lunch, except for PB&J sandwiches.  He takes 2-3 with him every. single. day.  So how in the world could I pass up getting it for $ .32666 a jar??!  Here's our 9 jars of PB.

They were on sale 3/$5.  I used 3 Meijer Meal Box coupons of $1/3 jars, plus I used 9 manufacturer coupons of $ .50/1 jar...which all doubled to $1/1 jar. 

I don't have a picture of it, but I got a bottle of Garnier Fructis Shampoo + Conditioner for $1.50.  It was on sale 2/$5.  I uploaded a $1/1 mPerks coupon to my phone number which brought it down to $1.50.

I got 2 packs of Ball Park Franks for $ .67/ea.  They were on sale 3/$5 and I used 2 $1/1 coupons that I printed from their Face Book page, which took them down to $ .67 a pack!

This evening, we ran into Rite-Aid real quick so I could look for a bottle of nail polish.  Well, before I found the nail polish, I got side tracked by a ton of make-up that was 75% or more off.  My youngest daughter Courtney, had just been complaining a few days ago that she needed some new makeup.  We all know how expensive makeup can be!  Here's what she got, minus 8 or 9 containers of mineral makeup foundation powders that she'd already taken straight upstairs to her room.  -Which btw, was $7.99/ea regular price and we paid $1.49/ea on clearance.


We paid $ .24/ea for the round containers of lip gloss, $ .59/ea for the eye liners, $1.10/ea for the 3 tubes of long-wear lipstick, and $1.99/ea for the 2 eye shadow compacts.  So, she's now set again on makeup and it didn't break my budget this time.  As a matter of fact, she should be set on makeup for the next year!! -Side Note:  I did not get MY nail polish that I originally went in for. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment